ADVISORY BOARD MEMBER
Mr Ron SIM
Founder and Chief Executive Officer
OSIM International Ltd
Ron Sim founded OSIM International Ltd, and has been instrumental in building OSIM into the global brand it is today.
He began in 1979 with a trading company selling general household items and later branched into home healthcare products. Mr Sim then expanded the business overseas to Hong Kong in 1986 and Taiwan in 1987. By the early 1990's he had made the company an Asian household name in well being and healthy lifestyle products.
Under his leadership, OSIM was publicly listed on the main board of the Singapore Exchange (SGX) in July 2000 and has now transformed into a global brand in healthy lifestyle products. Today OSIM has over 1,100 outlets in more than 360 cities over 31 countries in Asia, Oceania, Africa the Middle East, Europe and North America.
Over the years, Mr Sim has won several awards for the company and has been recognised for these personal achievements through the Ernst & Young ‘Entrepreneur of The Year 2004' and The Business Times ‘Businessman of the Year 2004' awards.
Mr Sim continues to lead the OSIM group in settling and realizing its vision, mission, goals and direction. Besides his corporate role, Mr Sim participates actively in public service:
- Committee member of NTU Enterprise Committe (since Jun 2008)
- Advisory Board of the Lee Kong Chian School of Business, Singapore Management University (since 2004)
- Board Member, International Enterprise Singapore (2007 - 2009)
- Board Member, Sentosa Development Corporation (2004 - 2009)
- Investment Approvals Committee of SPRING SEEDS, an initiative of SPRING Singapore (2005 - 2007)
- National University of Singapore Business School Advisory Board (2004 - 2007)
- Economic Review Sub-Committee (2001)
- Board of Trustees, Tan Tock Seng Hospital Community Charity Fund (from 15 Apr 2012)