|July 2016||1 October 2015 to 30 April 2016|
Please read the following instructions carefully before completing your application. Supplementary instructions are given in each section of the application form. Once you have completed the form, we suggest you keep a copy for your record. Please complete the application form accordingly and attach copies of the documents as instructed. Your application will only be processed when we have received all the documents and payment.
|For New Users|
If you are a first time applicant for SMU programmes and have not created any online application account before, you would need to register for an account with SMU before you can submit an online application.
Please click the following link to register for an online application account:
|For Existing Users|
Please login with your User ID and Password to access your application.
Need Help? Click Here
While filling in your application, take note that you will be required to submit the following:
- Current Resume (in PDF or Microsoft Word Document format)
- Two Personal Statements (in PDF or Microsoft Word Document format)
- Copy of NRIC / FIN / Passport (in PDF or JPEG format)
- Two Referee Reports (Email will be sent to your referees via the Online Application Form, when you submit your application)
AFTER SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
Once you have submitted your Online Application, EMAIL the following documents to our Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Photograph (please submit online using the Applicant’s Self-Service Functions - see below)
- Official GMAT/GRE Scores & Report (if available) - See below for more information.
- Official IELTS/TOEFL Score (required if the medium of undergraduate studies was not done in English language)
- Certified True Copies of Degree Scroll and Academic Transcripts
- Certified True Copies of CFA / ACCA certificates (if any)
Be sure to indicate your Full Name and Application Number on the Email Title.
- Verification of original documents is required upon matriculation into the programme. Failing to do so may result in applicants having to withdraw from the programme.
- If you have not taken the GMAT or GRE, you may first submit your online application and arrange for the test to be taken as soon as possible. Do include the date of your test as well.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
GMAT/GRE & IELTS/TOEFL SCORE REPORTS
GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) or GRE (Graduate Record Examinations General Test) is mandatory for admission to the MWM programme. It must be taken within the last five years at the time of submitting your application.
Students who did not attempt their undergraduate studies in English are required to attempt the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) and TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). It must be taken within the last two years at the time of submitting your application.
For all the abovementioned tests, you may first email the unofficial score to the Admissions Team while requesting for the test centre to send the official score to SMU.
Official Score Reports can be sent via the following Institution Codes:
|GRE:||2861 (Department Code: 4102)|
|TOEFL:||9014 (Department Code: 82)|
Two referee reports are required for admission to the MWM programme, and can be submitted online via the Application Portal.
Alternatively, your referees may submit their recommendations via the PDF version (download here), or via recommendation letters delivered to SMU by harcopy or email.
Of the two personal references, one should typically be from a current or previous employer, a colleague, or someone else who knows you well at work; the other referee could be someone who taught you at university or college, or another person who knows you in a professional capacity.
Applications received without the application fees will not be processed. Payment for the application fee can be made via credit card (VISA or MasterCard) when submitting your application.
Please call (+65) 6828 0663 for your receipt (quote your name, the course and your online application number).
For more information or assistance, please contact us at the following:
Tel : +65 6828 0012
Fax : +65 6808 5252
APPLICANT SELF SERVICE
Once you have submitted your application and have received the application number confirmation email, you can use the Applicant Self Service functions to check your application status or update your contact information.
Please refer to the Applicant's Self Service Guide.
Last updated on 18 May 2016 .