Opportunities abound for a rich and fulfilling student life outside the classroom. Life is exciting, vibrant and diverse. While students find it challenging to balance studies, career plans and CCA interests, they are also groomed to be mature all-rounders in life. Leadership and growth opportunities come through getting involved in the activities of the numerous student interest clubs that SMU has to offer.
There are currently 10 student clubs within the Lee Kong Chian School of Business. These clubs offer great interaction and networking opportunities for students, alumni and industry professionals.
Category 1: Student clubs that cater to students in an entire programme.
- Represents and serves the LKCSB student community
- Shapes and cultivates the school’s vibrant student life
- Inculcates a sense of identity and fosters cohesiveness amongst LKCSB stakeholders
Category 2: Student clubs that cater to students in a particular academic group.
Corporate Communication Society (CCS)
- The go-to place for students to better understand the multi-faceted world of Corporate Communication and be equipped with relevant skills and knowledge
Banking and Finance Interest Group (BFIG)
- Raises awareness and interest of career opportunities in the banking and financial industry
- Delivers training, education and applied research for students majoring in the International Trading Concentration (under Finance major)
Operations Management Society (OMS)
- Improves visibility of the Operations Management major to students and provide knowledge on business operations across industries
Organisational Behaviour and Human Resources Society (OBHR Society)
- Develops interest and awareness of the various career opportunities in the OBHR-related industry
Q.E.D (Quantitative Finance Club)
- Promotes knowledge of financial engineering and computational finance to students and develops interest of the Quantitative Finance subject amongst students\
SMU Marketing Society (Smarketing)
- A platform for students to navigate the marketing industry: the map to the marketing maze
Category 3: Student clubs that cater to students with an interest in a business-related area.
- Trains members to have an aptitude for case analysis, strong presentation skills and interest about the business consulting industry
E.y.E Investment Club
- Increases awareness of investing, financial planning, and available business opportunities
Student-Managed Investment Fund (SMIF)
- Equips finance-interest students with hands-on experience in portfolio management
Last updated on 23 Mar 2017 .