The vision of the Mindfulness Initiative @ SMU is to make a positive impact on individuals, organizations and society by engaging in research, education, and outreach on mindfulness. The initiative takes a secular and inclusive approach to mindfulness. It is scientific, evidence-based and open-minded towards both benefits and limitations of mindfulness and mindfulness training.
In pursuit of its vision, members of the Mindfulness Initiative @ SMU currently engages in and supports, or intends to do so in the future, various research, educational, and outreach projects and activities including the following.
Activities and Projects
- Training PhD students
- Conducting basic research on mindfulness in business and society
- Conducting applied research on mindfulness-based interventions
- Supporting such research through grants
- Developing courses / modules on mindfulness
- Offering ideas on integrating mindfulness into other courses
- Training mindfulness teachers
- Providing evidence-based mindfulness courses to organizations on topics such as
- Mindful leadership
- Mindfulness and productivity
- Mindfulness and employee well being
- Mindfulness and managing change
- Providing information to organizations and the public on mindfulness research, especially on research supported by the centre.
Last updated on 16 Mar 2018 .