The vision of the SMU Mindfulness Initiative is to make a positive impact on individuals, organizations and society by engaging in research, education, and outreach on mindfulness. The initiative takes a secular and inclusive approach to mindfulness. It is scientific, evidence-based and open-minded towards both benefits and limitations of mindfulness and mindfulness training.
In pursuit of its vision, members of the SMU Mindfulness Initiative currently engages in and supports, or intends to do so in the future, various research, educational, and outreach projects and activities including the following.
Activities and Projects
- Training PhD students
- Conducting basic research on mindfulness in business and society
- Conducting applied research on mindfulness-based interventions
- Supporting such research through grants
- Developing courses / modules on mindfulness
- Offering ideas on integrating mindfulness into other courses
- Training mindfulness teachers
- Providing evidence-based mindfulness courses to organizations on topics such as
- Mindful leadership
- Mindfulness and productivity
- Mindfulness and employee well being
- Mindfulness and managing change
- Providing information to organizations and the public on mindfulness research, especially on research supported by the centre.
Last updated on 21 Jun 2016 .